Thank you to the University of Bristol Alumni Foundation for awarding us with a grant towards purchasing new instruments for our group!
Capoeira is a Afro-Brazilian martial art. It has roots in warriors dances brought to Brazil by African slaves. But it has also been shaped into the form it is known by today by various populations of the ethnic melting pot that is Brazil.
Capoeira is the perfect exercise, combining strength training, flexibility training and aerobic exercise.
But it is also much more, much richer. Capoeira is ritualistic. It is a dance. It's a fight. It's a game. It is History. Music. Community. Capoeira is a way of life.
For those new to capoeira and curious, we welcome you to join our classes and find out more about capoeira for yourself. We all look forward to seeing you. Axe!
Our capoeira group is taught by Contra Mestre Claudio Campos and is part of Nucleo de Capoeiragem, under the supervision of Mestres Jorge & Danilo.
Our group is also home of the University of Bristol Capoeira Society.
Training times this week:
Tuesday 28th June
- 7:00pm-9:00pm Mixed Level (BEGINNERS WELCOME) @ The Student Union, Carpenter Room, 105 Queens Road, BS8 1LN
Thursday 30th June
- 7:30pm-9:30pm Mixed Level (BEGINNERS WELCOME) @ The Island, Nelson Street, BS1 2LE
Saturday 2nd July
- 11:00am - 11:45am - Kids Class (under 7 years old) @ Bristol Sports Centre, Unit B Dean Street, BS2 8SF
- 11:45am - 12:30pm - Kids Class
(7 years and over) @ Bristol Sports Centre, Unit B Dean Street, BS2 8SF
- 1:00pm-3:00pm Special Workshop with Mestre Luciano and Professora Lilu @ The Student Union, Carpenter Room, 105 Queens Road, BS8 1LN
More details on Facebook:
Winter Festival and Batizado 2015